1 cup almond flour
1 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tbsp arrowroot flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp fine Himalayan salt
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/3 cup vegan chocolate 70% dark chocolate , chopped
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup brown sugar
2 flax eggs (combine 2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp water and allow to rest for 5 minutes)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC.
2. Line an 20 cm spring-form pan with parchment paper in the bottom and the sides. Or 10 small individual tins.
3. Sift together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. Combine the sunflower oil and the chopped chocolate in a double-boiler on medium heat and stir until molten and combined.
5. Add the vanilla extract and the sugar to the double boiler and mix thoroughly.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the almond milk and the flax eggs.
7. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and fold until perfectly combined.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool completely in the tin before removing and icing
Dairy Free Chocolate Raspberry Ganache
1 cup raspberry’s fresh or frozen
600g dark chocolate
1 cup coconut cream
Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or in a bain-marie, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir in the coconut cream, until well combined. You should have a nice shiny ganache.
Mix raspberries into melted chocolate.
Dip the small individual cakes into the icing or spread the icing over the large cake.
Spread the remaining ganache onto a sheet of baking paper, top with chopped pistachio nuts and coconut and place in the freezer to set. Once set break the bark up into pieces and stick to the cake using melted chocolate if needed.